Torta Solo-Dolce is a soft and creamy cake, made with only a few ingredients and can be eaten by anyone, especially those people who are intolerant to gluten since there is no flour.
I invented my recipe based on my little knowledge about chocolate pastry.
And this is my result. It is a very good creamy and chocolaty dessert, which my family devoured in 5 minutes.
Since not all of us are pastry chefs, a few tricks up are sleeve could save us from making a mess in our beloved kitchen.
How many times have you tried to make a sponge cake that ended with a less-than-acceptable result?
With all these mistakes many of us learned throughout the years about small fixes that can get our pastry back on track. When it doesn’t turn out fluffy? Just replace a little flour with potato starch to make it softer. Don’t have any yeast at home? Beat the eggs for 15 minutes straight in order to obtain the same effect.
Returning to my sweet-only cake, it was created having only these few ingredients at home from nothing and the basic knowledge of some scientific principles regarding the cooking of chocolate helped me a bit too.
Instead of using only dark chocolate, I mixed milk chocolate with 70% Modica dark chocolate that I had at home.
And this is my result. I hope you enjoy this chocolatey delight!
- 200g milk chocolate (7 oz)
- 150g 70% dark chocolate (5.3 oz)
- 20 g unsweetened cocoa powder (1.5 tbsp)
- 200ml whipping cream (1 cup)
- Cut the 2 types of chocolate into small pieces and pour them into a container suitable for a bain-marie.
- Place it on a pan with water and put it on the stove over medium heat.
- Melt the chocolate and add the sifted cocoa.
- Remove from the heat and stir for a few minutes.
- When it reaches the temperature of 50°C (122°F), start tempering the chocolate, it means pouring the chocolate on a metal or marble surface and with a steel spatula bringing the temperature back to about 32°C (89.6°F).
- If you do not have this surface, work the chocolate very quickly with a spatula inside a steel bowl so that the temperatures drop to 32°C (89.6°F).
- In the meantime, heat (do not boil) the whipping cream.
- Turn off the heat and pour it into the chocolate mixture; mix well and pour the compost into a baking sheet (9 inches)lined with parchment paper and make sure the paper is as tall as the border.
- Refrigerate for at least 24 hours.
- Remove it from the fridge and from the pan by pulling at the parchment paper.
- Put it on a serving dish and sprinkle it with bitter cocoa.
Amount Per Serving Calories 352Total Fat 25gSaturated Fat 15gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 7gCholesterol 35mgSodium 30mgCarbohydrates 26gFiber 3gSugar 18gProtein 5g