Yesterday, I did not stop for even a moment, even if it was a beautiful, April day where the sun was shining its brightest. My kids have spring break so, I took a vacation days so I can spend some time with them. Since my work takes a lot out of my personal and professional schedule I forgot that there was a dentist appointment for my kids that day. So first we raced to the dentist. Fortunately, everything went fine, no cavities, nothing big to worry about (yay!!!).
After the dentist we decided to just drive around and go from store to store. We finally arrived home, tired and hungry, but I didn’t feel like cooking on the hot stove. Therefore, I asked Alexa to shuffle my playlist, and one of my favorite songs came on, Put the Lime in the Coconut by Party City, because of this I was in a creative mood. I opened the fridge and the first things my eyes fell on was the avocado, eggs and tomatoes. So, I thought to prepare my toasted sandwiches with smashed avocado with a bit of lemon juice, and sweet, sliced up tomatoes.
The Avocado on the Egg
- 3 eggs
- 3 ripe fresh hass avocados or bilse avocados
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil 1 tbsp for each sandwich
- 6 slices whole wheat or white bread
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 pinch of pepper
- lemon juice
- Beat 1 large egg until well blended.
- Pour into a a small pan with oil.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Using a small wooden spoon, fairly constant mixing to form curd,
- raise the egg edges and tilt the pan to run raw egg below, until all of the egg is cooked.
- Toast the slices of bread.
- Mash the avocado and add some lemon juice.
- Slice the tomatoes.
- And assemble all as shown on the picture.