As you could see I use puff pastry both for making desserts but also for making tasty savory pies, like this RUSTIC SAVORY PIE with ARTICHOKES and MOZZARELLA.
Try to make it following my recipe and I guarantee you an absolute success with your guests but especially with your children.
My children don’t like to eat at the school canteen, so every morning I prepare something, just like today that I prepared for them this tasty pot pie with artichokes and mozzarella.
Rustic Savory Pie with Artichokes and Mozzarella
- 1 pkg of puff pastry thawed in the refrigerator
- frozen artichoke hearts thawed and drained
- pre-sliced fresh mozzarella
- 3 tbsps grated Parmigiano Reggiano Cheese
- 1 beaten egg
- salt and pepper
- chopped parsley
- extra virgin olive oil
- sesame seeds
- In a pan put some oil, the artichokes, salt, pepper, and parsley and let them simmer for a few minutes turning them from time to time,
- When they are cooked, let them cool.
- Open up puff pastry on a well floured work surface.
- Gently roll each piece, keep the rectangle shape.
- Put on one half artichokes, the chopped mozzarella and the grated Parmigiano Reggiano cheese and cover with the other half closing the edges well with a fork.
- Turn it over on the other side, and make some carvings on the surface with a small knife. Brush the surface with egg previously beaten with salt, sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Bake at 200°C (~ 400°C) for 30 -40 minutes.