Sweet Pistachio Salami, is a delicious variant of the classic Chocolate Salami or Turkish Salami, enriched with Pistachios, Almonds, and Pistachio Cream.
The name of the “Turkish” salami (which is what it’s called in Sicily) does not refer so much to the geographical origin of the dessert, as to the color that recalls that of the rich, brown skin of the Moors.
But another recipe that I will be proposing to you is the pistachio salami which uses white chocolate than dark chocolate, with the addition of almonds and dark chocolate chips. It’s a very easy recipe to prepare, and a delicious dessert for children but above all for pistachio lovers like me.
I love to eat pistachios in all its various forms, in fact, you can browse my blog and find many pistachio desserts, such as the famous pistachio and ricotta cake that my followers like so much.
- 200g honey graham cracker crumbs (7 oz)
- 3 full tablespoons of sweet pistachio cream
- 2 tbsp chopped peeled pistachios
- 2tbsp chopped peeled almonds
- 100g white chocolate (3.5 oz)
- 2 tbsp dark chocolate chips
- 60ml of milk ( ¼ cup)
- powdered sugar to decorate
- Place the chopped almonds and pistachios in a bowl, add the graham cracker crumbs, the dark chocolate chips and mix very well.
- Separately, melt the white chocolate in a double boiler or microwave and add it to the mixture.
- Then add the pistachio cream and mix everything well.
- In the end, add the milk a little at a time. You will get a mass, mix well, and then put it on the cling film.
- Give it a cylinder shape by rolling it in cling film.
- Seal the ends and put them to rest in the refrigerator overnight.
- The following day the Pistachio Sweet Salami will be ready.
- Remove it from the plastic wrap and pass it in the powdered sugar, cut it into slices, and serve.
Amount Per Serving Calories 117Total Fat 5gSaturated Fat 2gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 2gCholesterol 3mgSodium 62mgCarbohydrates 18gFiber 1gSugar 12gProtein 2g