Today with my children we have prepared the panini al latte (milk rolls),
they are small soft buns; they are very addicting and you’re always reaching for more. They are made with flour, milk, and oil.
With almost 4 cups of flour 20 rolls are obtained and my children ate them all in 2 hours. I used the lievito madre following the procedure of taking it out from the fridge and keeping it at room temperature for 4-5 hours.
They can be packed with both sweet and savory ingredients such as Nutella, jam, salami, cheese! or even to make mini sandwiches like hamburgers!
You can prepare these panini al latte even days or a week before because they can be frozen and can be defrosted when needed like for birthday parties and buffets or for any other needs you may have.
- 500 g 00 flour ~4 cups
- 300 ml of milk
- 60 ml organic extra virgin oil
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 150 g lievito madre 5.3 oz (7g powdered yeast – 2.5 tsp )
- 1 tsp salt
- sesame seeds
- milk for brushing
- Put in the mixer, equipped with a dough hook, flour, lievito madre( or powdered yeast), and sugar.
- Add the warm milk and the salt; knead for at least 10 minutes.
- Pour the oil little by little continuing to knead; when the first part of the oil is well incorporated, pour a little more until it is all finished.
- Transfer the freshly made dough into a bowl, cover with plastic wrap and let it rise for 1-2 hours.
- Sculpt balls that are 20g each, place it on a baking sheet spaced apart from each other and let rise for another 15 minutes.
- Brush their surface with milk and sprinkle them with sesame seeds.
- Bake at 360°F (182°C) for at least 15-20 minutes and enjoy!
Amount Per Serving Calories 174Total Fat 14gSaturated Fat 2gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 11gCholesterol 7mgSodium 436mgCarbohydrates 10gFiber 1gSugar 4gProtein 4g