These delicious puff pastries Sfogliatine are very easy to make and are ideal for breakfast and for a mid-day snack. A shell of crunchy puff pastry encloses a delicious filling of caramelized pears with marsala wine.
If you adore sweets with puff pastry, you cannot avoid preparing these delicious sweets with fresh fruit, depending on the season you can vary with fruit, apples, peaches, even grapes as we are in autumn, kiwis or pineapple
Sfogliatine with Marsala Caramelized Pears are really prepared in a few minutes and with a few simple ingredients.
Sfogliatine with Marsala Caramelized Pears
- 1 sheet of pre-rolled puff pastry
- 3 pears
- 80 g granulated sugar 2.82 oz
- 3 tbsp Marsala wine
- 1 beaten yolk
- toasted almond flakes optional
- icing sugar
- Peel the pears, divide them into quarters and reduce them into thin slices.
- Put them in a saucepan with 80 grams of sugar and marsala wine.
- Cook them over medium heat for about ten minutes, then remove them from the heat and let them cool.
- Divide the puff pastry into 6 regular squares.
- Divide the pears equally into the center of the squares of dough.
- Brush the perimeter of the puff pastry with a little beaten yolk and fold it into squares.
- Seal the edges well by applying pressure with your fingers and brush the surface with the remaining yolk, then sprinkle with a little granulated sugar and toasted almonds (optional)
- Bake in a preheated oven at 200°C (395 °F) until golden brown (about 15/20 minutes).
- Take the puff pastries with pears and sprinkle them with icing sugar.
- Serve them still warm.