Are you looking for a delicious appetizer for an evening to spend with your friends at home?
The savory peas cheesecake is more than suitable for these occasions since it can be prepared in advance, it can be left to rest in the fridge and can be decorated just before serving, even last minute!
Savory Peas Cheesecake
- 227 g cream cheese ( let it stay for 1hr at room temperature) 8 oz
- 500 g ricotta 17.6 oz
- 100 ml half & half cream 3.34 oz
- 150 g frozen peas 1 cup
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 minced garlic
- 2 bags Gelatine Knox
- olive oil extra virgin
Peas and Cheese Cream
- Spread the gelatine in icy water for 10-15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat olive oil in a pan over medium heat.
- Stir in garlic, cook about 2-3 minutes.
- Add frozen peas and stir.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Cover the pan and cook until the peas are tender for about 5 minutes.
- Pour over the cooked peas together with the half & half cream and emulsify everything with an immersion mixer.
- In a bowl mix, ricotta and cream cheese until they become a smooth cream, after that add the emulsified pea cream and mix very well.
- Dissolve the gelatin in a pan at low flame. Filter it and put it into the soft cream and stir until it is incorporated.
- Combine Thin Wheat Baked Crackers crumbs with melted butter, press onto bottom of 24 cm (9 inches) springform pan and store in the fridge until the filling is ready.
- Pour the filling into the crust; smooth the top with a rubber spatula.
- Cover with plastic wrap, and refrigerate until firm, 3-4 hours.
- Unclasp sides of pan, remove cheesecake and decorate as you please.