The saturnine peach semifreddo is an amazing spoon dessert.
It combines all the goodness of a classic pastry dish with the delicious taste of fresh summer fruit.
The origins of the Saturnine Peaches are Chinese.
In Italy, it is grown on the slopes of the Etna in Sicily.
This type of peach, much sweeter and more fragrant than the classic peach varieties, is suitable for fresh consumption, but it is still very suitable for processing.
Its pinkish and watery pulp gives off scents of rose and violet; its sweet and intense flavor recalls the taste of strawberry and vanilla.
The semifreddo is similar to ice creams but they mainly differ from the presence of whipped cream which is in the semifreddo.
The fatty part gives structure to the preparation and gives the palate the feeling that these desserts are less cold than the ice creams themselves, despite being stored in the freezer: that’s why they define themselves, precisely, “semifreddo”, and they are easily consumed even in winter, unlike real ice creams.
In all these recipes, semi-whipped cream is always present, for a nice and aroma fresh fruit, dried fruit paste, or liqueur are used; they can also include the use of meringue, pâte à bomb, pastry cream (crema pasticcera), or also a mixture of them.
- 3 Saturn peaches
- 100g of sugar (1/2 cup)
- 3 yolks
- 200 ml of whipping cream (1 cup)
- 5-6 drops of lemon juice
- Peel the peaches.
- Cut them into small pieces and blend them with
the mixer until you get a puree with a few drops of lemon to prevent the puree from becoming dark.
- In a bain-marie, whisk the egg yolks with sugar with the
electric whisk for a few minutes.
- Pour the peach puree flush and continue whipping for another minute (the long whipping will allow you to incorporate a lot of air, essential for the success of a semifreddo).
- Let it cool down.
- Whip the cream until stiff and gently add it to the yolks and
peach puree mixture.
- Distribute the mixture in the mold you prefer and let it
cool in the freezer for at least 6 hours.
- Remove your semifreddo from the freezer just before serving
(melt quickly enough), soaking the mold for a few seconds in hot water, and turn it upside down on the plate.
- Decorate with peach slices and mint leaves.
Amount Per Serving Calories 232Total Fat 15gSaturated Fat 9gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 5gCholesterol 130mgSodium 15mgCarbohydrates 24gFiber 1gSugar 23gProtein 3g