The rustic savory pie with artichokes and cheese is a dish that can be served as an appetizer or it can be eaten as a single dish.
The preparation of the savory pie with artichokes and cheeses is quite simple and starts with a layer of “pasta brisée” which is stuffed with a filling made with artichokes and three types of cheese.
Everything is then cooked in the oven. The result is really excellent, tasty, and very fragrant. One of the advantages of the artichoke savory pie is that it can also be prepared well in advance.
Once ready, heat it for a few moments in the microwave or for a few minutes in the oven.
Let me also give you some advice for when you have to clean the artichokes, so that your hands do not become dirty, rub a slice of lemon on your hands, passing it over the entire surface of your fingers as if it were a hand cream.
- 200 g 00 flour 1 ⅔ cups
- 100 g cold butter cut into cubes 7 tbsp
- 50 ml Ice water 1/4 cup
- a pinch of salt
- 3 artichokes
- juice of 1 lemon
- 20 ml olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 100g ricotta cheese
- 50g grated Parmigiano Reggiano
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 beaten egg
- Put the flour, the cold cubed butter, a pinch of salt in the mixer, and blend everything for a few seconds.
- Add the ice water and blend the dough again for 1 minute until it is compacted.
- Transfer it to a pastry board and work it with your hands to form a loaf.
- Wrap it in plastic wrap and let it rest in the refrigerator for at least 35 minutes before using it.
- After divide in two and roll them out with a rolling pin about 3 mm thick.
- Grease a pie pan with a diameter of 25cm (10 inches) with butter, roll one the dough on the rolling pin and roll it out on the pan, stick the sheet to the pan, cut the excess edge with a cutter and then prick the bottom with the prongs of a fork.
- Clean and wash 3 artichokes, removing the tips and hard parts, soak them in a bowl of water in which you will have squeezed the juice of 1 lemon.
- After half an hour, drain and cut them into small pieces as you see in the photo.
- Grease a pan with 20 ml of olive oil and brown the artichokes for 2-3 minutes with a clove of garlic, then add a drop of water and cook them for another 10 minutes, with the lid, after adding salt and pepper.
- Put the cooked artichokes, ricotta, and Parmesan in a bowl and mix everything together.
- Pour the compost into the pie pan with the pasta brisée, level the compost with a spatula and arrange the cheese cut into strips.
- Cover with the other rolled out dough and seal the edges by cutting the dough in excess.
- Brush the surface with a beaten egg.
- Bake for 40 minutes at 180°C (356°F).
Amount Per Serving Calories 368Total Fat 21gSaturated Fat 13gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 6gCholesterol 53mgSodium 194mgCarbohydrates 40gFiber 1gSugar 0gProtein 6g