If you have not yet decided what to prepare, maybe my penne with pesto and shrimps recipe can be useful.
A dish that is perfect for many different occasions and that will always guarantee you a great impression with your guests.
It is a combination of winning flavors: the homemade pesto with the intense aroma of basil gives creaminess and releases a breath of freshness joining the firm and delicate meat of the shrimps!
I advise you to buy fresh basil and to use mortar to make real Genovese pesto. I understand that the procedure with the mortar is long and tiring and often and willingly lack the necessary time and energy: I myself often use the blender (you can also use the immersion blender, but I prefer the use of the cup mixer for the fact that I can cool the mug in the freezer so as not to blacken the basil).
As for shrimps, it is always better to use fresh unshelled ones like the ones I used to make pappardelle with shrimps. But if you find frozen shrimps at home, they are fine.
I recommend you prepare them for a tasty dinner with friends or for lunch to share with family members as soon as the social distancing due to the current situation of the coronavirus, will end.
For now, enjoy them on your own and you won’t regret it.
Here is the easy and delicious recipe:
- 400 g penne pasta 14 oz
- 350 g shrimps 0.8 pounds
- 1 clove of garlic
- ½ glass of white wine
- 5 tbsp pesto sauce
- salt and pepper
- Shell and wash the shrimps.
- In a pan, brown them in hot oil with a whole clove of garlic.
- Deglaze with half a glass of white wine.
- Cook for another minute and a half, season with salt and pepper. remove the garlic clove
- In a saucepan, boil the pasta in salted water, drain it al dente and then put it in a pan with the shrimp sauce.
- Mix everything and remove it from the heat, add the pesto put in a bowl with a little cooking water.
- Stir the pasta and seasoning well.
- And enjoy your meal.
Amount Per Serving Calories 383Total Fat 13gSaturated Fat 3gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 9gCholesterol 189mgSodium 1008mgCarbohydrates 35gFiber 2gSugar 1gProtein 28g