What should we eat for lunch or for dinner today?
These days we are all imprisoned at home because of the coronavirus, we are indulging in showing everyone our most delicious and most curious dishes in the various sites of Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest.
I am preparing the famous lasagna pasta with béchamel and ragu, an easy recipe.
I prepare it as my mother taught me, it is not the Bolognese one, maybe it looks like the Bolognese, because after all we all took inspiration from that original recipe, and then everyone adapts the recipe to their own tastes and needs.
I advise you to prepare the ragu with solo-dolce recipe, preferably one day in advance so that you have it ready when assembling the lasagna.
Choose a minced meat that is very fresh: pork for the fat part, veal for the lean part.
Layers of pasta sheets that can be egg pasta or not, a tasty ragù, grated cheese, an enveloping béchamel sauce and a few slices of cheese (Emmental, Provola or Cheddar).
I always prepare a few more trays that I freeze to always have it available. Let’s see together how to proceed with the recipe:
Easy Lasagna Pasta Recipe
- 250 g Parmesan cheese grated (1/2 pound)
- 26/30 egg lasagna sheets
- 200 g sliced cheese 2.5 slices for each layer of lasagna
Besciamella or Bechamel
- 50 g butter 3.5 tbsp
- 50 g flour 3.5 tbsp
- 500 g warm milk 2 cups
- 2 tbsp grated Parmigiano Reggiano
- pinch of salt
- pinch of ground nutmeg
- 1 kg minced meat veal, and pork in equal parts 35.3 oz
- ½ glass white wine
- 800 ml of tomato sauce 3.3 cups
- one heart of celery
- 2 carrots
- 1 onion
- 2 cloves
- 2-3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- follow the instructions of my Mom's recipe
Besciamella or Bechamel
- follow the instructions of The queen of sauces: Besciamella (or Béchamel)
- Start by blanching the pasta sheets in salted water and then chill them in cold water
- Spread a ladle of béchamel and ragu on the bottom of a rectangular baking dish about 30 × 20 cm (12x 7 inches) in size.
- Lay the lasagna sheets over the entire surface and season with béchamel, a few ladles of ragù and grated Parmigiano Reggiano and a few slices of light cheese such as Emmental, Provola or Cheddar.
- Cover with lasagna sheets and proceed in layers until all the ingredients are used up.
- Finish with a layer of lasagna seasoned with plenty of ragù and sprinkle with Parmigiano Reggiano and béchamel sauce.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 180°C (356°F)for about 30 minutes, until a delicious golden crust, is created on the surface.
- Remove from the oven and let cool.