A summertime Sicilian dessert. Gelo di Melone is a watermelon pudding based on flavored watermelon juice and pistachios.
It is delicious and very refreshing.
A Refreshing Sicilian “Gelo di Melone”
- 1 Lt watermelon juice ~ 5 cups
- 6 tbsp brown sugar (depends on the sweetness of the watermelon)
- 4 tbsp cornstarch
- a few jasmine blossoms (optional)
- chocolate chips
- pistachio grain
- Pass watermelon pulp through food mill to obtain 1 liter of juice.
7- Before serving, garnish with some Jasmine blossoms, pistachio or grated
- Filter it to remove pulp and seeds.
- Pour the juice in a saucepan with the brown sugar, cornstarch, Jasmine
blossoms and the cinnamon stick.
- Heat the mixture, stirring constantly until it becomes thick.
- Remove the mixture from the stove and take out the Jasmine blossoms and the
- Pour the mixture into the cup with a layer of pistachio grains covering the bottom and then leave it to cool completely.
- Before serving, garnish with some Jasmine blossoms, or mini chocolate chips.
Did you make a recipe?
I can’t wait to see your wonderful creations!