This delicious, mango gelato is one of the easiest ice-creams you can make without the use of an ice-cream maker!
Smooth and creamy yellow gelato perfect for summer, super easy and terrific yummy!!!
As you can see from some of my recipes I mainly use the condensed milk because it proves to be a fundamental ingredient for making ice cream without an ice cream maker
I remember in elementary school, the ice cream shop next to the school, which always sold the usual ice cream with 2 flavors, chocolate, and stracciatella.
I left school and instead of going directly home I stopped, especially on hot days, to look at the lady that worked at the ice cream shop filling the cones with cool, creamy gelato.
I just looked, I couldn’t buy it, because otherwise I would come home with a fully and I’d be unable to eat the lunch my mom prepared me and she would get angry, so I watched the children enjoy their ice cream cone instead.
The intense yellow of the sun, just like the color of this mango ice cream, pushed me more and more home to avoid falling into the temptation to buy some.
However, when I had my parents’ consent to buy it, I was very happy, I couldn’t wait for school to end, to get to the lady first and enjoy that ice cream cone with both flavors, I savored every last bit while it dripped from all sides of the cone because of the heat of the sun.
What memories!!! How much I would give to be a child again and retrace every moment of my childhood.
Mango gelato (without an ice cream maker)
- 300 g mango pulp 10 oz
- 150 g sweet condensed milk 5.3 oz
- 150 ml whipping cream 2/3 cup
- Put the mango pulp, which you will have obtained from one or two fresh and ripe mangos, in a container with high sides.
- Blend everything with the immersion blender until a homogeneous and creamy mixture is obtained.
- Transfer the mango cream to a bowl.
- Add the condensed milk and the whipping cream
- Whisk everything together with the electric whisk for about 5 minutes, until a creamy mixture is obtained, which will almost double in volume.
- Pour the mixture into a cold steel bowl (previously put the bowl in the freezer).
- Put in freezer for 6 hours or overnight.