This Easy and Delicious Almond Pastry is today’s creation. I was going through what I had made and showed you already, and i noticed that i didn’t make an almond pastry, even if almonds are my favorite nuts. However, i did make some desserts with my second favorite nuts, like the: Pistachio and Pear Cake with Domes, Pistachio and Ricotta Cake.
So i decided, along with almonds, to use another very common ingredient that i use, puff pastry sheet (which i keep frozen in my freezer). And i thought of using them in the most easiest way possible.
Everyone who had this dessert loved it. Easy and Delicious Almond Pastry would be a perfect Thanksgiving dessert if you’re need to bring a dish somewhere.
Easy and Delicious Almond Pastry
- 1 thawed puff pastry sheet
- 1 egg yolk
- ¼ glass milk
- 60 g peeled almonds 4 tbsp
- 30 g butter 2 tbsp
- 5 tbsp sugar
- Put almonds, butter, and sugar in a blender and mix until you obtain a homogeneous and soft mixture.
- Roll out the pastry sheet and cut it into squares of 6 cm each.
- Put a teaspoon of almond cream in each square.
- Fold the edges by wetting them with a little water.
- Brush the almond pastries with a mixture of egg yolk and milk.
- Add some almond flakes and bake at 180°C (356°F) for about 15-20 minutes until browning.
- Let them cool down and sprinkle with powdered sugar.