My friend Gina asked me for a good pignoli cookies’ recipe.
Here it is and I hope you enjoy it.
The pignoli cookies are little tasty “pasticcini” made with almond paste and covered with toasted pine nuts.
A perfect mix of almonds and pine nuts, a perfect combination of taste and flavor.
You can gather your friends together maybe on a Saturday afternoon, when you’re free from work, have a good cup of tea, and eat some scrumptious cookies , like these.
A Good Recipe for the Pignoli Cookies
- 400 g almond paste 14 oz
- 1 white egg
- 1 tbsp honey
- Put all the ingredients in a bowl and work them with your hands, mixing them well together until you get a solid mixture.
- Wash your hands and with wet hands take a small amount of mixture and form balls that you roll around in a bowl, containing the pine nuts.
- Place them on a baking sheet covered with baking paper and let them rest in the fridge for 12 hours.
- Put the pignoli cookies in preheated oven at 180ºC (356ºF) for 8-9 minutes.
- Let them cool completely before tasting them.