How to prepare this delicious Puff Pastry with Vanilla Cream and Dark Cherries?
Because of this invisible monster, Covid-19, coronavirus, which terrorizes our world and forces us to live a cloistered life, it’s better to think about how to make the most of time at home. Waiting for positive news, one thing is certain that we must not jump down. We must not panic because our immune defenses will weaken and the little monster waits for this moment to enter our body and destroy us.
But we will be stronger than him and we will win. Given that a vaccine to defeat has not yet been discovered, we must adhere to rules that will initially be harsh, but then over time, they will become habitual since man can adapt to any situation. Do not leave the house, STAY AT HOME!!!
Wear a mask and gloves if you go out (for shopping or for an emergency or for work), keep your social distance with other people, when you come home, wash your hands for 20 seconds with soap and water, disinfect the keys, mobile phones, with disinfectant or with 70% ethyl alcohol. Remember that total disinfection is not possible, the goal is to reduce the risk of infection.
We must defeat it!!!
So, since we cannot leave our house, let’s spend more time with our family members, we restore the contacts we lack in a normal situation.
I had the cherries that my husband had bought before this situation started. I had to consume them before they went bad.
And remembering a recipe that I had seen on the net long ago, I tried to make it. If you don’t have cherries at home you can use any kind of fruit, blueberries, strawberries.
And this is the result:
A delicious cream with a flavor of vanilla and inviting dark cherries enclosed in a crunchy shell.
Puff Pastry with Vanilla Cream and Dark Cherries.
- 2 thawed rolls puff pastry
- 5 egg yolks + 1 egg yolks
- 4 tbsp sugar
- 4 tbsp corn-starch
- 500 ml Milk 2cups
- vanilla bean scraped
- 100 g dark cherries 3.5 oz
- Icing sugar to decorate
- Heat the milk in a saucepan with the vanilla seeds, these are made when you opened and scraped the pod.
- In a bowl put 5 yolks and sugar and mix thoroughly.
- Add the cornstarch and stir to incorporate it.
- As soon as the milk is hot enough, pour it flush into the bowl with the eggs and stir constantly to avoid creating lumps.
- Put everything back in the saucepan and cook over medium heat, stirring constantly until your cream has thickened.
- Turn off the stove, transfer the cream to a large plate and cover it with plastic wrap in direct contact with the cream, so that it does not dry out.
- Let it cool completely.
- Place a sheet of pastry in a square cake pan (8 inches) lined with parchment paper ( I used a squared pan but you can also use a round one)
- Prick the bottom of the pastry with the prongs of a fork, and pour the cream, leveling it.
- Place the black cherries accordingly.
- Cover with the other sheet of puff pastry, making it adhere to the underlying sheet.
- Beat the leftover yolk in a small bowl and brush it on the surface of the cake.
- Bake in a hot oven at 180°C (356°F) for 35 minutes until the pasta is cooked and golden brown
- Remove from the oven, let cool and transfer your puff pastry with cream and black cherries on a serving plate.
- Decorate with icing sugar to taste and serve.