The asparagus frittata is a very easy recipe to make and can be considered both an appetizer and a main course.
If you want to use it as an appetizer, I recommend cutting the asparagus frittata into squares so that guests can pick it up easily with some toothpicks, plus it looks cute.
How to make a perfect frittata
It is essential to work the eggs lightly in a bowl with a fork until the yolks and whites are completely combined with each other.
Then add salt and Parmesan and start mixing. Pour the egg mixture into the pan and then cover it with a lid and cook over low heat for 10 minutes. Once the mixture starts to harden, move the pan back and forth so that the frittata doesn’t stick to the pan. When the mixture has hardened and the edges have started to brown, the real critical moment has come, that is the moment in which you need to flip the frittata.
But how do you flip the frittata without breaking it?
If you are not a chef and you do not know how to turn the frittata, help yourself with a plate or a lid of the same size as the pan.
Place the plate face-down on top of the pan and turn the frittata over onto the plate. The brown part of the frittata will be on the top and the less cooked one on the bottom. At this point, slide the uncooked part of the omelet onto the pan with the help of a spatula. Cook for 2-3 minutes and that’s it.
- 400 g fresh asparagus 14 oz
- 60 g grated parmigiano Reggiano cheese 4 tbsp
- 4 eggs
- 15 g chopped leaf parsley 1 tbsp
- 30 g extra-virgin olive oil 2 tbsp
- black pepper
- Wash the asparagus and cut them, taking only the asparagus tips.
- Blanch the asparagus in salted water.
- Drain them very well.
- Fry them in a pan with oil.
- Meanwhile, beat the eggs with the Parmigiano Reggiano cheese, salt, pepper, and parsley.
- As soon as the asparagus are lightly fried, add the mixture of beaten eggs and cook for 3 minutes on high heat, then place a lid over the pan and turn the heat down slightly so that inside of the frittata is cooked evenly. When the frittata sides are beginning to become golden brown, turn it helping with the lid; it also gilds the other surface of the frittata and then slide it onto a serving plate.
- Serve immediately!👍🏼