Tasty, crumbly, and delicious.
Sfogliatine with mushrooms and spinach is a dish rich in flavor and easy to prepare.
Today we offer you a recipe based on mushrooms, spinach, and salted ricotta, but you can try with other variations of grated cheese, or you can even use vegan sfogliatine.
The mushroom and spinach puff pastries will enrich the variety of your appetizers list.
Just a roll of puff pastry and a few minutes is what is needed to prepare this delicacy.
The procedure regarding the formation of rectangles or squares with puff pastry is the same that I showed you when I prepared the puff pastries with cherry tomatoes and ricotta.
This time we first cook the puff pastries and then when they are cooked we will put the dressing made with mushrooms and spinach over each puff pastry.
If you use frozen puff pastry, I recommend that you slowly defrost it in the fridge and take it out from the fridge only when you are ready to use it.
- 1 pkg of puff pastry thawed in the refrigerator
- 6 oz cremini mushrooms 170g
- 10 oz of spinach 300g
- 1 clove of garlic
- salt and pepper
- 2-3 tbsp of grated ricotta salata 50g
- extra virgin olive oil
- Cut the puff pastry into squares of 10x10cm (4×4 inches) or 7x12 cm ( 3x5 inches), with a knife draw the central perimeter of your squares, this helps you to fill well only the center of your square of puff pastry.
- Using a fork, dock the inside of the pastry (do not dock the border) this will prevent the inside from rising as high as the sides.
- Brush with a beaten egg but only the outer edge of the square of puff pastry.Bake at 425°F (218°C)(center rack) for 20 minutes, or until the puff pastry is golden brown.
- Remove from the oven, place on a cooling rack, and allow to cool slightly.
- In the meantime that the puff pastries are in the oven, prepare the mushrooms and spinach.
- In a pan, put 2 tablespoons of olive oil and a clove of garlic, as soon as it starts to fry, put the clean and cut mushrooms.
- When the mushrooms are half cooked, add the spinach you previously sautéed in the pan and season with salt and pepper.
- Cook for another 5 minutes so that everything is flavored.
- Remove the clove of garlic.
Amount Per Serving Calories 136Total Fat 9gSaturated Fat 3gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 6gCholesterol 9mgSodium 242mgCarbohydrates 9gFiber 2gSugar 1gProtein 6g