One snowy, winter day my kids and my husband were snuggled on the couch watching movies, reading, or playing.
After all that, they were famished, so I decided to cook lunch.
Since it was a relaxing day, with not going to work or dropping the kids at school, my imagination started flowing.
I started thinking that, I should prepare something that my kids never ate before, and since I had all the ingredients at home and frozen puff pastry is a lifesaver any time , I opted to make Spinach and Ricotta cake. The day before I thought making a dessert and I let, overnight, puff pastry thaw.
When I finally made it, both of my kids were afraid to try it, because you know how the kids are against to anything green.😅
My son is probably the pickiest eater of the entire family, so he didn’t like it.
My daughter though couldn’t have enough of it!
I don’t even think I ever seen her eat so much! 😂
Spinach and Ricotta Cake
- 500 g spinach 2 cups
- 84 g grated parmigiano Reggiano cheese 3 oz
- 500 g puff pastry 17 oz
- 500 g ricotta cheese 2 cups
- 1 garlic clove
- 4 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- Clean the spinach very well.
- In a pan with the olive oil fry a little bit the clove of garlic
- Add the spinach , pepper and salt.
- When cooked remove from heat and discharge the garlic.
- Preheat oven at 200°C (400°F)
- Add ricotta and grated Parmigiano Reggiano cheese
- Stir well.
- Roll out with a rolling pin 2 sheets of puff pastry.
- Arrange on a baking sheet one puff.
- Add the spinach mixture and ricotta and level with a spatula.
- Cover with the other sheet of dough puff sealing the edges of both with a fork.
- Brush the surface and the edges with a salted, beaten egg.
- Bake at 200°C (400°F) for 40 -50 minutes.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.